Perhaps a lot of investors already know that going for a gold investment gives a better financial stability among other financial instruments such as bonds, stocks and dollars. Since gold coins never depreciate in value unlike paper assets, market gurus could assure that venturing for gold investments is a wise choice.
Now, the question you should answer before you buy gold coins is: Which kind of minted coin should I purchase and make as an investment? There are several kinds of minted coins that could be bought via online auctions, or gold coin dealers. To name a few, there are gold bullion coins, and Krugerrand Gold Coins.
Krugerrand gold coins was introduced way back 1967 in South Africa. It gained a high degree of popularity, thus came other kinds of minted coins in the market such as the American gold coin, and many others.
Regardless of the kind of gold coins you are going to buy, all of these could place a great advantage over your investment. But before you finally decide, better take a look at the characteristics of this Krugerrand gold coins, and why did it have such a fantastic popularity.
- Krugerrand gold coins surpass the other kinds of gold bullion coins because of its high durability. Although Krugerrand gold coins are in 22k, it is more durable than the other 24k gold coins because of its composition: about 92% of it is gold, and the remaining 8% is off copper, making it scratch and nick proof- not to mention unique because of is slightly orange color. This is something that other gold bullion coins do not have.
- Krugerrand gold coins are easy to buy and sell. Since it is well-known both locally and internationally, there would be no hassles when you plan to sell or to buy one, wherever you are.
- Krugerrand gold coins, unlike other kinds of coins such as gold Canadian maple leaf and American gold buffalo have a very low spot price at $9.00.
- Krugerrand gold coins are easy to transport and store because it is compact and lightweight.
If you are thinking about diversifying your retirement portfolio into a gold IRA, you may consider other gold coins, as for this time Krugerrand gold coins are not included for an IRA rollover, as Krugerrand coins are less than 99.5% pure - the prerequisite of a legal investment in gold IRA. However, just like other coins such as gold coins LA, American gold bullion, and many others, Krugerrand gold coins could also have a tax advantage in a 401(k). Therefore, these coins still make a wise investment. As mentioned previously, Krugerrand gold coins are cheaper compared to other coins, thus, it would be more likely that you could buy more compared to other kinds of gold coins. To make the most out of your gold investment, find a reliable gold group with a very good reputation in handling gold investments.
Even though these coins are excluded in gold IRA, it does not mean that they cannot make a solid investment. Krugerrand gold coins are still popular, and a lot of people include this type of coin in their extensive gold coin collection. Thus, having it sold without difficulty is a sure thing.
Jimmie is the author of this article on gold coins LA.
Jimmie is the author of this article on gold coins.