If I have to pick between purchasing an acoustic piano or a digital piano what's the best choice? Let's take a look at the different choices if you want to learn to play piano.
Since I have both a standard upright piano and a digital piano inside my house I personally have not been forced to make the decision of which one to buy. I can see advantages in both types of pianos when practicing the art of learning to play piano.
A basic upright piano makes sounds utilizing hammers that strikes the strings. A digital piano on the other hand tries to duplicate the feeling of playing an acoustic piano.
A lot of individuals are familiar with the typical upright piano but what benefits has a digital piano?
First let us describe a digital piano.
A digital piano consists of a keyboard with weighted key action, sensors that detect the velocity when you play the keys and a set of sounds you can choose from. In order to make it possible to listen to the piano once you play you have an amplifier and loudspeakers and headphone jacks.
Here are some advantages with a digital piano:
1. A digital piano doesn't need to be tuned. A basic acoustic piano you need to tune one or two times every year. If you can't tune a piano yourself you have to turn to a piano tuner. It can be quite expensive of course. Even a piano tuner has to pay his bills.
2. You can practice silently. A digital piano ordinarily has a headphone jack so by making use of the headphones you could practice as much as you desire without disturbing neighbors or family members.
3. Midi interface. A digital piano ordinarily possesses a midi interface which makes it possible to connect your piano to a PC and make use of a music software like notation programs or a sequenser program or a software synthesizer.
What then are the disadvantages of having a digital piano?
1. The sounds in an acoustic piano are produced by strings vibrating and the different pitches interact in ways that you cannot copy on a digital piano. The sound quality of the sounds produced by digital pianos are becoming better and better but it is still a completely different way of producing sounds.
2. A digital piano is limited when it comes to producing different tone colors by different ways of playing. An accomplished pianist might feel limited by the sampled sounds.
There are many more things to say about choosing a piano but this is a beginning.
As you can see it is not so easy to decide what's best for you. If you can't decide what type of piano to buy you can do as I have done. Have both types of pianos and keep smiling.
If you wish to find out a lot more about playing the piano and progress from a beginner to an experienced piano player quickly then you certainly need these expert Beginners Piano Lessons
that can certainly assist you.